Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

something REALLY better than tamiya's 1/16 IR battling tanks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

something REALLY better than tamiya's 1/16 IR battling tanks

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:02 AM
elhhss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something REALLY better than tamiya's 1/16 IR battling tanks

it has many & various functions.
It's battling mode comes in 2 forms: IR and fluid BB

everything is packed in for your fun.
No need to buy batteries, controllers, battle system......

Last edited by elhhss; 06-15-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Shooting water pellets in the house, my wife is going to LOVE that! I'll be living in the barn.
I wonder why they didn't use infrared for combat, maybe too easy to hit the opponent as the beam spreads with distance.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 PM
elhhss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-20-2019, 05:27 AM
Jarlath

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of battling "Tanks".
35min run time on a 2400 Mah 3S kinda sucks too.. But I'm spoiled by 5-6 hours on a 5000 MaH 2S Lipo.
Is it interesting? Yes. Replace my love of Armour? Nope. Not even close.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:54 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Yeah, im a no on this thing...
Old 06-20-2019, 10:07 AM
dkliminsky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These things are cool going sideways!
Old 06-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

They look pretty cool, but better than tanks? I think not. Of course, I suppose that's a matter of personal opinion and they might look better to you than they do to me depending on whether or not you have better drugs than I do.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:18 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Cool for Battletech games

But does not replace tanks
Old 06-20-2019, 12:16 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yea you guys are crazy, that thing is awesome! I'll have one by Xmas I'll let the first round of bugs get worked out and I'm getting one. The only warning I got was not to shoot the "gel" balls as they are described in the house. I'm going to look into these pretty hard, this is definitely something I would I to see added to our site. I've already got a few ideas for this thing.....
Old 06-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

$599.99 .... I was thinking it would be an overpriced pos, but it is made by DJI which I have one of their drones and they are really nice . Still not going to pay 6 bills for this though

Cheers,
Wade
Old 06-21-2019, 08:36 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Yea you guys are crazy, that thing is awesome! I'll have one by Xmas I'll let the first round of bugs get worked out and I'm getting one. The only warning I got was not to shoot the "gel" balls as they are described in the house. I'm going to look into these pretty hard, this is definitely something I would I to see added to our site. I've already got a few ideas for this thing.....
...add DJI quality rotor flying, a camera and sell it for $29.99 and I still would not consider this strange Asian Toy. Your nutty Erik, LOL. Stick to your mid range rc tanks and expand on the Lego type bricks, my best recommend!

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 06-21-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:33 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Rebellion13
$599.99 .... I was thinking it would be an overpriced pos, but it is made by DJI which I have one of their drones and they are really nice . Still not going to pay 6 bills for this though
Cheers,
Wade
I'm seeing $499 on their site and that is of course before dealer discount I work in the commercial field and while I hate the stuff DJI puts out (I only fly manual, no way to that auto level stuff) the quality of all of their stuff is top notch. It will be interesting to see what this will bring to the table. I've been saying for many years that tanks are WAY behind what they should be in tech. This will be a fun project.
Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
...add DJI quality rotor flying, a camera and sell it for $29.99 and I still would not consider this strange Asian Toy. Your nutty Erik, LOL. Stick to your mid range rc tanks and expand on the Lego type bricks, my best recommend!
DJI= no fun to fly. I build ALL of mine from scratch, none of that float around like balloon in the sky stuff Mine do 0-80+ in under 2 seconds and all of them are long range at the same time as a regular thing, we are big racers in this area. I wont even fly DJI anymore unless it is a gig and even then I fly miniquads when at all possible, we have others to fly the AP quads. The tank however looks like a great project to play with. I enjoy the tech and think it could possibly bring in a whole new group of tankers. I get a LOT more requests for things like this than for tanks lately. Tech is where it is at lately from what I see on my side with requests. Now whether this fits into something we would want to sell or carry needs to be investigated first, I don't carry stuff I do not test first.
Also, more bricks and tanks are in the works I actually was speaking to someone about a certain tank today....
Old 06-21-2019, 01:08 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Default Lol

I'm seeing $499 on their site and that is of course before dealer discount I work in the commercial field and while I hate the stuff DJI puts out (I only fly manual, no way to that auto level stuff) the quality of all of their stuff is top notch. It will be interesting to see what this will bring to the table. I've been saying for many years that tanks are WAY behind what they should be in tech. This will be a fun project.

DJI= no fun to fly. I build ALL of mine from scratch, none of that float around like balloon in the sky stuff Mine do 0-80+ in under 2 seconds and all of them are long range at the same time as a regular thing, we are big racers in this area. I wont even fly DJI anymore unless it is a gig and even then I fly miniquads when at all possible, we have others to fly the AP quads. The tank however looks like a great project to play with. I enjoy the tech and think it could possibly bring in a whole new group of tankers. I get a LOT more requests for things like this than for tanks lately. Tech is where it is at lately from what I see on my side with requests. Now whether this fits into something we would want to sell or carry needs to be investigated first, I don't carry stuff I do not test first.
Also, more bricks and tanks are in the works I actually was speaking to someone about a certain tank today....
...bricks are the future,

Old 06-21-2019, 03:22 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't care about the sideways, front, figure eight stuff, I want one of those water bead guns! I wonder what kind of power they are capable of? I'm squeezing an airsoft gearbox into a 1/6 Sherman and having a hell of a time getting it to fit without sacrificing a decent elevation range.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2

...bricks are the future,

If you only knew... Bricks occupy a large portion of the warehouse. The tanks are only a small fraction compared to them. Now that we are doing specialty stuff like colors and baseplates it is getting even crazier.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:57 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry i like my tanks to look like tanks not robots
Old 06-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

here's your robot

https://www.banggood.com/DJI-Robomas...rmmds=category
Old 06-24-2019, 05:51 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
Idk why BG is charging $100 more than DJI themselves, but if you want the warranty and support (since BG is not an official distributor) you can get it direct from DJI here: https://store.dji.com/product/robomaster-s1
While I don't think most of our tankers would like this I still think it is a pretty darn cool project. I'll be watching this one for sure.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:14 AM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want one. ��
Old 06-24-2019, 10:46 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Apples and oranges. Only commonality with real RC models is they are a form of RC. Cute in the same way as the 1/10 scale forklift I bought
some months back. After I tired of lifting cups and sodas on tiny pallets I've not run it since. Just another thing to gather dust.

Probably a good item to appeal to tweeners and those who want to appear to be up to the 'latest "tech"'. Robot Wars wannabes.

I'll give the manufacturer some Kudos for being a bit different but overall I'd rate the thing a 'Met".

Jerry
Old 06-24-2019, 11:01 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Part of the appeal, which I do agree with, is the learning of programming a robotic device for particular functionality.

This education is quite valuable to the youngster interested in robotics programming.

Compare this to the LEGO EV3 programmable system at roughly 350USD

If only we could program our tanks to be autonomous, responding to fire by sensing direction of fire, targeting and responding in like...

Last edited by heavyaslead; 06-24-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyaslead
Part of the appeal, which I do agree with, is the learning of programming a robotic device for particular functionality.

This education is quite valuable to the youngster interested in robotics programming.

Compare this to the LEGO EV3 programmable system at roughly 350USD

If only we could program our tanks to be autonomous, responding to fire by sensing direction of fire, targeting and responding in like...
I agree with the programming part, that's a good thing. I think instead of water shooting ability they should have included some sensory input to enable
some grasping or lifting mechanism. Haven't read it can jump but I know this is a capability of some new robots.

Now I can see this sort of thing in a more tank- friendly form being an autonomous adversary on a tank battleground that you could pit your skills against.
Sort of like a independent anti-tank unit.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Default Only knew what? LOL.

The future is bricks!

If you only knew... Bricks occupy a large portion of the warehouse. The tanks are only a small fraction compared to them. Now that we are doing specialty stuff like colors and baseplates it is getting even crazier.
A way bigger fun hobby than rc tanks. Hugely popular with kids of all ages.

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 06-24-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:32 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

When it comes to toys, I think the guys from the UK are onto the right thing, at least when it comes to savvy marketing.

Getting back OT, thanks but I'll stay with my model tanks.