Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MuguModels MIG 21 composite 3,2m long

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MuguModels MIG 21 composite 3,2m long

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 05:53 AM
Arthur K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two gear doors ,, Different size and all detail lost

Old 10-19-2020, 05:56 AM
Arthur K

But at the end of the day it will look great when I am done with it.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:04 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Ouch
Old 10-19-2020, 10:29 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Not a good advertising for Mugu , yes the real one look rough but ad list the landing gears are solid
I was tempted with the Mig 15 , shipping was very expensive to Canada .
Just got a JMB Mirage 2000 instead ....soon will arrive
Old 10-19-2020, 11:43 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

The real ones are rough but for me the disappointment is in the surface detail that is obliterated, the areas that literally just look like glue blobs, and the structure pictures where I'm just not sure what the random blobs of glue really are. I was so impressed watching these threads buy wondered why we weren't ever hearing about all of his airplanes flying. The retro M looked great but I've heard little about them. I was very interested in one but after seeing this I would ve very hesitant
Old 10-19-2020, 03:39 PM
Arthur K

I am very sorry on how it turned out , and yet even more I felt horrible for my very good friend who was so looking forward to getting this plane and flying it. He lost a Ton of money, he basically gave it away to me.
Having said all that, time for *****ing is over, now I need to put my money where my mouth is and turn this into a nice looking and sound flying model. It is a challenge and I am stoked to take it on, and next spring I will hand the sticks to my friend so he can enjoy a flight with her.
As for Mugu Models , I hope he finds someone who is a good fibreglass man, makes new moulds from his original plug .. Because let's face it the man does have skill and the plug looked great. and I hope he gets some sound advise on how to produce good kits with nice made landing gear and maybe can make a go of this.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:49 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well said Arthur.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:36 PM
Arthur K

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
The real ones are rough but for me the disappointment is in the surface detail that is obliterated, the areas that literally just look like glue blobs, and the structure pictures where I'm just not sure what the random blobs of glue really are. I was so impressed watching these threads buy wondered why we weren't ever hearing about all of his airplanes flying. The retro M looked great but I've heard little about them. I was very interested in one but after seeing this I would ve very hesitant

Everyone says the real one is rough and put together by trolls with a jack hammer .. ??? here is some pictures of one we have in a museum just 120 km away from my house .. I would say it is rather pretty clean and no where near as rough as everyone thinks .. now grant it this is an east German plane that was in service till 1992 and never saw any real action . But take a look at it

Old 10-20-2020, 02:30 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The plane that is available in Houston is impressively clean.
Mig was making these planes extremely well. The few that are still available and properly preserved are a testimony to Mig's engineering and manufacturing precision.
Here is a picture of the 21 that is in flying state and available for buddy flying in Texas.
The picture was taken in Arlington last year ( Warbirds over Houston ) and gives a good idea of the level of engineering and excellence Mig put into these planes.
These are cleaner than some similar era US productions like the F8 Crusader, for example ( although the Crusader was an overall better airplane ).
My dream is to be able to get a tour in this 21 one day. It is such a beast...

Old 10-21-2020, 03:45 AM
Tuggs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
This is actually the issue. I wanted to order a Mig21 but since the first (very bad) flying video it seems no one else ever managed to get a Mugu Mig-21 airborne? The gear looks flimsy and I am wondering what happened to all the models that went to customers? Not a single video on youtube or anywhere else....

I have access to a real Mig-21 just around the corner where I fly my rc planes. It is not rough, its slick and clean like a baby butt. No idea where the rumor comes from that the skin would be bumpy as teenage acne.

Last edited by Tuggs; 10-21-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:16 AM
Arthur K

There is no way these kits can get airborne, you have to see the rubber he put on the wheels .. it’s like sponge it will not even last a taxi out to the runway. The entire vertical stab was held together with a paper thin 2 oz fibreglass. Absolutely no structure.
Not one hinge or hinge point is provided in any of the doors, the door liners do not exist. It is a joke
Old 10-21-2020, 06:13 AM
Arthur K

Take a look at this bullxxxt that I got. these are supposed to be tires they are nothing but sponge it will not survive a single landing. Imagine a 126" plane coming in at about 55-60 lb. 20-30 miles an hour and landing on pavement which these jokes

very little pressure on my pinch

again very little pressure

Then we have the gear. he put it together with pins hammered in . no screws at all so service is out of the question.. then the pin heads are broken because obviously its soft metal
the breaks are a joke suppose to activate a brass shoe with mini servos ,, right like those will not burn out the firs few landings ... the god damn finish on the metal work is probably done on a Chinese mini lay with a ten year old on it.
He charged 4000 euros for this kit that's 6000 dollars US and 8200 dollars CND plus shipping .... And he has not showed up and said a word about this???? Mr. Mugu. this is a very small community .. and no one gets away sot free from this community.. we pay a lot of money for these toys , we expect integrity, honesty, and some form of satisfaction from the frivolous price that we pay for these toys.. and also we risk a lot of liability by putting up a 60 lp flying missile wit 6 litre of fuel in he up in the air.. so we do expect some form of safety margin.. Whoever has one of these kits please be very diligent in building it ,, Go over everything., or have it built by a very good builder who knows what he is doing.. Mugu if you want to stay in this hobby business .. look in to making up for this with your customers..

FEJ
Old 10-21-2020, 06:37 AM
Arthur K

this is the gear doors I got .. no hinge or hinge points provided .. the left door looks nothing like the right door .. the inner linings that he is showing on this thread ,, do not exist. and to top it all off they are not the same size.
someone please tell me the Russian aircraft manufacturers could not make 2 doors the same size back in 1960s

Wait till I show you guys the super Scale cockpit In got.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:57 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

It’s quite disgusting, that he actually sold this to customers its suppose to be high level detail kit....with an absolutely ridiculous workmanship, and parts those are so wrong......

Old 10-21-2020, 08:30 AM
Arthur K

Originally Posted by Dansy
It’s quite disgusting, that he actually sold this to customers its suppose to be high level detail kit....with an absolutely ridiculous workmanship, and parts those are so wrong......
Dansy in his own words on this thread he said....... and I quote

((((( Thank you very much!🙏🙏

I want all the kits I will make at MuguModels to be competitive! I do not like a model to look like a toy&#128513)))

Tell me at which level I can compete with this thing ???? Maybe Frank Tiano will invite me to TOP GUN so I can pick up a last place award

Last edited by Arthur K; 10-21-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:46 AM
Arthur K

By the way guys I have a build thread going on RC Canada step by step on what I am doing to make this puppy airworthy and respectable .. If anyone else is building this plane ..drop in and check it out .. I can use good tips and suggestions ..

Having said all this.. As a scratch builder myself .. His Original Plug was very good .. the workmanship was very good.. the man does have Talent. I was impressed ( and I do not often give out compliments.. those who know me well will test to that I am a grumpy old fart with brass attitude.

I would love it if this dude would send the plug out here to Ontario and let us Cnucks take a stab ate it . After all we have some great talent here when it comes to building , This is the Land of Graham Meers, Ron Chapman and we have THE ANTON
Old 10-21-2020, 08:53 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Arthur can you share a link to that thread?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:56 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn02
This is the tread....Look at # 1 post

He was full of promise, unfortunately he was obviously way over his head
Old 10-21-2020, 09:07 AM
Arthur K

Originally Posted by Auburn02

I am not going to Rant anymore I have said enough now I am just going to Actually enjoy building this plane and be proud of it
here is the link bellow

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/sho...=598993&page=3

Last edited by Arthur K; 10-21-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
This is the tread....Look at # 1 post

He was full of promise, unfortunately he was obviously way over his head
No I meant Arthur's build thread, but he just added that already. I've seen one of these -21s in person and I agree they are quite rough. I had been wondering why we weren't seeing any updates from him in this or his other model threads, but just now I see Mugu has not logged into this board since April. Maybe his stint in the RC manufacturing industry has already come to a close...
Old 10-21-2020, 01:27 PM
Tuggs

Unbelievable!
Old 10-21-2020, 04:47 PM
NZjet

One look at the mig 15 plug was all you needed to see these things were a POS, only now are you guys working that out.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:07 PM
Arthur K

No worries mate, here up north we have long winters. And we love building models. By next spring this will be a great looking and flying one of a kind war machine
Old 10-30-2020, 02:58 AM
Arthur K

I am about 2 weeks into this build now and I am missing a few important components that were shown on his build , and Facebook threads. The gear doors in the wings are not here, the wheel well gear door liners are not here. the liners in the nose gear wheel well are not here , the parachute liners are not here.
And he has just basically dropped off from the face of this earth. PS ... the landing gear has also basically fallen apart and has to be completely rebuild. I have no idea if the fuel tank installed in the plane has plumbing in it, it has to be cut out and checked.

Last edited by Arthur K; 10-30-2020 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:30 AM
kevinthoele

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry for the way this appears to have turned out. I was actually considering one. The flight video was sad and the gear were not even close to functional. I hope you are able to make something of yours and get it flying. I wish you well with your task

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.