Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Guinness Record improved

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Guinness Record improved

Old 02-25-2018, 07:35 PM
TCHIEF
My Feedback: (15)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe he could get with Mac Hodges and drop it from the B-29 then maybe it will be acceptable. I mean it was okay for the x plane program Personally I think it's pretty remarkable that he can keep up with it
Old 02-26-2018, 03:11 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
. If they fly it radio controlled as in a human working the sticks while looking at the plane for sure.... they are faster.....

So northrop grumman x-47b is faster!
Rest my case.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:40 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgwright
Henke

Just did a quick check and I think the slope soarers are now at 519 MPH so quicker than the turbine.. but no doubt people will say this is not a proper model because it does not have an engine!

John
Originally Posted by causeitflies
Engine doesn't matter. It doesn't have cockpit, pilot or wheels.
I bet the gliders are faster then the radar gun shows too. They have a hard time coming to the speed trap doing the passes required. With or without barbie pilot.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Henke Torphammar

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
So northrop grumman x-47b is faster!
Of course, but why trolling about that? If the X47b shows up at the speed trap and makes a pass each way for sure it's in the game!
Old 02-26-2018, 07:37 AM
DelGatoGrande

Of course, but why trolling about that? If the X47b shows up at the speed trap and makes a pass each way for sure it's in the game!

Henke, no it would not be in the game.I was being sarcastic about X47b to highlight the difference.
Even if Northrop Grumman attend to make this passes i would never describe there machine as a Model.

Guinness Records clearly state : "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft ".
Niels and Northrop Grumman X-47b machines belong in the same class and they are not models.
Our models are scale reproduction of a man-carrying aircraft .Thats why at least all have a cockpit design and they do take off and land conventionally.
As said in some Model events you even get disqualified with out a pilot figure.

Neil has build a remote controlled jet-powered aircraft. I have congratulated him for his achievement ,
but i pointed out a mistake: You cant call an X-47b a model.Or Neils aircraft just because its small.
Thats why for some of us David Shulman holds the record of the "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " .

Nothing more to say...taking off from this one.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:05 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Henke, no it would not be in the game.I was being sarcastic about X47b to highlight the difference.
Even if Northrop Grumman attend to make this passes i would never describe there machine as a Model.

Guinness Records clearly state : "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft ".
Niels and Northrop Grumman X-47b machines belong in the same class and they are not models.
Our models are scale reproduction of a man-carrying aircraft .Thats why at least all have a cockpit design and they do take off and land conventionally.

Neil has build a remote controlled jet-powered aircraft. I have congratulated him for his achievement ,
but i pointed out a mistake: You cant call an X-47b a model.Or Neils aircraft just because its small.
Thats why for some of us David Shulman holds the record of the "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " .

Wow. I guess I learned something today. A plane has to have a cockpit to be a model aircraft. What are all my rc planes without cockpits? I don't know of any event you get disqualified without a pilot unless it is a SCALE Model Contest.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:07 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

This thread is ridiculous. I say good on the original poster for his achievement! That is crazy fast. I'd love to have something this fast.

I am impressed as hell with the skill required to fly something this fast.
is it a fair comparison to shui with the firebird? Only in terms of skill to fly that fast.
The speed and pilots ability is incredible.

I personally still find what Shulman did with the firebird amazing though most of my amazement is in the airplane. Shulman took a model with the engine it was designed for and flew it. It wasn't a purpose built model solely designed for top speed and nothing more.
this current model is a bullet no question and while I take nothing away from the design, it is comparitively easy to build an airframe for those speeds when you doubt require landing gear, ducting etc. Bungee launch and belly landing means easier to create a clean strong airframe and strap the biggest engine possible onto it
The firebird is a different animal altogether. Not better or worse, just different.
comparing these models/ records isn't really fair, it's not a level playing field to compare them on.

both are outstanding feats and both deserving of a place in the books, perhaps just not in the same category

just my opinion.

Last edited by LGM Graphix; 02-26-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:13 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

In short, what should really be said is this model did not BEAT Shulmans record with the Firebird, it set a different record. It topped the firebirds speed, no arguing there, but it didn't really BEAT the record for worlds fastest conventionally configured turbine powered model.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:08 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
In short, what should really be said is this model did not BEAT Shulmans record with the Firebird, it set a different record. It topped the firebirds speed, no arguing there, but it didn't really BEAT the record for worlds fastest conventionally configured turbine powered model.
Of course, but according to del, Shui's record shouldn't matter either because the Firebird is not a scale model.
By the way, he didn't beat Shui's record. He beat his own record.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:31 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

He didn't_break_Shulman's record, he shattered it.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:58 AM
Henke Torphammar

Visiting your own website, finding this video of a "rc jet model". A hot spot with no pilot doll. Feeding trolls burn calories.

funny funny

Old 02-26-2018, 10:21 AM
DelGatoGrande

Visiting your own website, finding this video of a "rc jet model". A hot spot with no pilot doll. Feeding trolls burn calories.

funny funny
You might want to read again more carefully the posts of mine you quote?
Let me repeat for you: Our models are scale reproduction of a man-carrying aircraft .Thats why at least all have a cockpit design.
For your information HotSpots did come with a cockpit design look.I didnt add it.

At the end of the day you convinced me they are all the same.
...so Northrop Grumman X-47b can claim also "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " !

Last edited by DelGatoGrande; 02-27-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 AM
setxws6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...so Northrop Grumman X-47b can claim also "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " !

They're not the same. One is a small fairly inexpensive home made RC turbine jet flown line of sight to achieve this record. The other is a full sized FPV satellite drone flown long distance from someone sitting inside a building.

I bet if we could switch roles here and have the X47 be flown strictly line of sight by a person on the ground I bet that jet wouldn't break 400mph. Likewise if this small turbine RC jet were able to be flown FPV long range in a straight line like the X47, I bet this little single stage compressor turbine jet could hit over 550 maybe 600mph.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:12 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by rgburrill
So a 6 foot long toy can traverse the length of a football field in a half second. Whoopty doo.
Negative Nancy, this is the type of person who instead of just abstaining from commenting in a thread where someone is proud of an accomplishment, they poo-poo said accomplishments because they want their worthless "opinion" heard. Congrats Vmax!
Old 02-26-2018, 11:15 AM
DelGatoGrande

Originally Posted by setxws6
They're not the same. One is a small fairly inexpensive home made RC turbine jet flown line of sight to achieve this record. The other is a full sized FPV satellite drone flown long distance from someone sitting inside a building.

I bet if we could switch roles here and have the X47 be flown strictly line of sight by a person on the ground I bet that jet wouldn't break 400mph. Likewise if this small turbine RC jet were able to be flown FPV long range in a straight line like the X47, I bet this little single stage compressor turbine jet could hit over 550 maybe 600mph.

So Guiness record would refuse Northrop Grumman to claim the title of "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " because X47 can not be flown "Line Of Sight" ?
I dont think the "Line of Sight" controlling is requirement to claim the title of "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft ".I think that was just an equipment limitation and had to be flown "Line of Sight".

Neil holds the record of Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft .
Maybe the real question is what aircraft is consider to be a model and what is not?Value?Size? What define a model aircraft that makes X47 not a model.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM
causeitflies

You might want to read again more carefully the posts of mine you quote?
Let me repeat for you: Our models are scale reproduction of a man-carrying aircraft .Thats why at least all have a cockpit design.
For your information HotSpots did come with a cockpit design look.I didnt add it.

George, the Firebird is not a scale aircraft and the X-47B is not a model aircraft. It is full scale.
Give it up bro
Old 02-26-2018, 11:29 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

George, the Firebird is not a scale aircraft and the X-47B is not a model aircraft. It is full scale.
Give it up bro
Ha what is the old saying? "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"
Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 AM
DelGatoGrande

Give it up bro

Mark , i didnt meant scale as exact reproduction.There is no full scale Firebird but Firebird is consider to be a model .

If you call X-47b full scale machine, why Neils is not a full scale machine and we call it model? Because of size deference?

Last edited by DelGatoGrande; 02-26-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:17 PM
DelGatoGrande

Mark , i didnt meant scale as exact reproduction.There is no full scale Firebird but Firebird is consider to be a model .

If you call X-47b full scale machine, why Neils is not a full scale machine and we call it model? Because of size deference?
Thats why Neils creation is consider to be a full scale machine of its own and not a model of anything .Specially when not representing a cockpit area .
So maybe Guinness should give Neil the title of "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered aircraft" and remove the word "model" .

Again congratulations to Neil for the extraordinary achievement .I would not dare to fly that fast my self.
But when Guinness claims a record for a model then i dont see whats wrong to have a discussion about it....the ones we can anyway and not the ones who only know to contribute with insults because they dont have a better answer.

Last edited by DelGatoGrande; 02-26-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:41 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

VMAX: rcu sucks a lot more than i ever thought possible... makes me lose faith in humanity haha

All I can say is "amazing job"!!!! That is an incredible feat. We are talking borderline supersonic. You have acheived 100 times more in this hobby than all the naysayers in this thread, you should be tremendously proud

Just setting up to get the record certified is an enormous feat...

keep it going and keep sharing

Jack

PS: i cant believe the hotliner speeds either
Old 02-26-2018, 12:42 PM
causeitflies

Thats why Neils creation is consider to be a full scale machine of its own and not a model of anything .Specially when not representing a cockpit area .
So maybe Guinness should give Neil the title of "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered aircraft" and remove the word "model" .
It is a model because that is what he said it was. Just like a Giant Ugly Stik or the rubber powered stick planes you built as a kid. If you can imagine that it could be a real aircraft then you can call it a model of that imaginary plane. If you create something you can call it whatever you want.

Last edited by causeitflies; 02-26-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:34 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people are getting close to the edge on what is an acceptable comment.

Please look at your text and consider is it a personal attack or is it likely to embarrass.

Gentlemen please dial it back a little.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:39 PM
causeitflies

Originally Posted by j.duncker
Some people are getting close to the edge on what is an acceptable comment.

Please look at your text and consider is it a personal attack or is it likely to embarrass.

Gentlemen please dial it back a little.
How is that even possible? We're talking about toy airplanes.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:59 PM
setxws6

So Guiness record would refuse Northrop Grumman to claim the title of "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " because X47 can not be flown "Line Of Sight" ?
I dont think the "Line of Sight" controlling is requirement to claim the title of "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft ".I think that was just an equipment limitation and had to be flown "Line of Sight".

Neil holds the record of Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft .
Maybe the real question is what aircraft is consider to be a model and what is not?Value?Size? What define a model aircraft that makes X47 not a model.
Hold on now, you do know that RC (our hobby here) does NOT stand for remote control. A remote control is an infrared controller used to operate your television. RC for use stands for RADIO control by use of radio waves.

In saying this Id be willing to bet that fancy X47 doesn't used radio waves and is likely controlled via satellite. If this is the case then it cant qualify to be the fastest turbine powered "RC" jet.....
Old 02-27-2018, 12:09 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by setxws6
Hold on now, you do know that RC (our hobby here) does NOT stand for remote control. A remote control is an infrared controller used to operate your television. RC for use stands for RADIO control by use of radio waves.

In saying this Id be willing to bet that fancy X47 doesn't used radio waves and is likely controlled via satellite. If this is the case then it cant qualify to be the fastest turbine powered "RC" jet.....
So what do you think the satellites are sending ??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.